photo 1_zpsbb9813b2.jpg

 photo 1_zps5ad8fea2.jpg photo 2_zps54a44b35.jpg photo 3_zps23279e9b.jpg photo 4_zps59cfbee5.jpg photo 5_zps9dd3ae13.jpg photo 6_zpsc6384bcf.jpg
 photo 0031_zps78715216.jpg

Monday, May 13, 2013

Motivational Monday-Music!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a very happy mothers day!!! I know it's a little late, but I wanted to spend yesterday with the family to celebrate the wonderful ladies that have given so much to our family. I truly appreciate everything my mother has done for me, she is truly an amazing woman. With me as her daughter, she has to put up with a lot of crap from me and she is a friggen superhero at it. I love her with all my heart and I hope that I can be better at showing my appreciation for all she does for me and my family. I also appreciate everything my Gma does for my family. Talk about one classy, stubborn, hilarious, lady! She surprises us everyday! She always has such great advice, amazing and hilarious stories about our family's past and history. She is so wise and wildly entertaining. I just love both of those gals ;)

I just wanted to kick Monday off with some motivational words. Today was SO HARD getting up and getting my butt to work out! After holiday weekends and beautiful as this one and staying up a little bit later than I should have, I was TIRED. I didn't want to start Monday, I was still living in Sunday mode. However, nothing gets you moving like a good tune. Music is the core of a lot of my workouts. I honestly can give my workouts my best shot if I don't have good music to move to. When you are on a run or dancing or lifting or cycling and your favorite jam comes on, you don't realize how much more effort you actually put into the exercise if you were to just do it to the elevator music they put on in the background at your gym or on you favorite workout dvd. Now I am not dogging those runners or cyclist or whatever you do that like to do it in silence. If that works for you, GREAT! Keep on doing it! But I feel like music pushes me and inspires me to go harder. It helps me run to faster pace, motivates more reps out of me when I lift, and makes me want to push my limits. At the moment, my favorite workout jam is Can't Hold Us by Ryan Lewis & Macklemore. It's a great song to just get you going! Go check it out! I love it!

Make sure you check out my Fit Tips section for more music options in your workout, they are some pretty awesome apps!

So I want to ask, when you get in a rut or aren't "feeling" it for your workout, what do you do to motivate yourself to do the workout or push yourself harder? What makes you want to get up and move?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I'll respond ASAP.