photo 1_zpsbb9813b2.jpg

 photo 1_zps5ad8fea2.jpg photo 2_zps54a44b35.jpg photo 3_zps23279e9b.jpg photo 4_zps59cfbee5.jpg photo 5_zps9dd3ae13.jpg photo 6_zpsc6384bcf.jpg
 photo 0031_zps78715216.jpg

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Short on time?

Everyone wants to get their work out in and done. Everyone has a million other things to do and  we are all short on time. If you are short on time but want to get an effective workout in, then you have come to the right place. I like to lift at least 3x's a week, but when I do I don't want to be doing it for an hour working a single body part at a time. No one has time for that anymore. So if I am going to be working out, it better be short, sweet and effective. I thought I would share with you one of the circuits I made up for fun (yes, for fun) that works upper body and lower body at the same time. Some of these require balance so you also engage your core. 3 for the price of one! You want to perform each of these exercises with precision, so don't swing your weights around like a baboon, go slow in each rep to really engage all the muscle fibers you are working out. Slowly count to 8 as you perform the function of each exercise. Because if you are going slower, you engage more muscle fibers making it more effective. I feel that if I go heavier in my weights, fewer reps, with precisions and going at a slower pace, I see quicker results rather than swigning my weights around, going quickly. That can build muscle endurance, but it doesn't build strength as quickly as going slow, and heavy. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I'll respond ASAP.