photo 1_zpsbb9813b2.jpg

 photo 1_zps5ad8fea2.jpg photo 2_zps54a44b35.jpg photo 3_zps23279e9b.jpg photo 4_zps59cfbee5.jpg photo 5_zps9dd3ae13.jpg photo 6_zpsc6384bcf.jpg
 photo 0031_zps78715216.jpg

Friday, January 17, 2014

Late Night Snacking

Ok, we all know that I am the snack monster when it comes to the end of the night. I am really working hard this year to stop eating past a certain time. This because usually by the end of the day, you should be at your target for calories, plus you don't want your body trying to digest food while your sleeping. Why? Because if your body is spending the time to digest your food, rather than recovering your body/muscles from that day, your body will progress a bit slower. When it doesn't have time to repair the muscles you fatigued that day, they can't repair and become stronger as quickly, plus I feel a bit more tired when I wake up like I didn't get a good night's sleep the closer I eat to bedtime. However, should you be just like myself and find yourself in the pantry at night, go for foods that are higher in protein. Protein helps with muscle recovery anyways, so once those nutrients are in the body, you can put them to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I'll respond ASAP.