photo 1_zpsbb9813b2.jpg

 photo 1_zps5ad8fea2.jpg photo 2_zps54a44b35.jpg photo 3_zps23279e9b.jpg photo 4_zps59cfbee5.jpg photo 5_zps9dd3ae13.jpg photo 6_zpsc6384bcf.jpg
 photo 0031_zps78715216.jpg

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lunch inspiration!

Good morning everyone! I know this is probably an odd post but I thought today I could share some lunch inspiration with you before you actually eat lunch. Look, I know healthy eating gets a bad rap for tasteless, unsatisfying food, but that is because people are either being misinformed about what they can eat, or are following someone elses way of eating. To be honest, you should never follow someone elses eating plan to a "T". You should be paving your own road, making adjustments that you enjoy and can live with. We all know if you don't like how something tastes or doesn't feel you up and is leaving you hungry...you're NOT going to continue with it. You just have to be smart about what you actually eat and put into your body. I hate the word diet, or at least the negative connotation that is carried along with it. I like to call it a lifestyle. You are now living a healthy (and delicious, I promise!) lifestyle. Now after all that, the lunch post I have for today may be a cliche and I will get the eye roll, but it is indeed a salad. However, I am like any American gal, I need more than a bowl of lettuce. This salad has grilled chicken chunks (and big ones, hey a girl needs her protein alright?) peas, olives, tomatoes, celery, and is drizzled with balsamic vinigrette. I must say, balsamic vinigrette is my MOST favorite salad dressing! I love it!



Now, I'd like to pose a question for you guys. What do you struggle with most in your nutrition? What are you downfalls? What do you want to change? I will admit to you right now, my biggest downfall (strangely) is corn chips. I love them! I love the salty crunch taste! I could probably eat a whole bag, especially if you gave me a bowl of salsa...It's hard to abstain when everyday I open the clost and BOOM, there they are. I try to hide them so I don't see them every day (out of sight, out of mind, right?) or I try to sort of encourage whoever is in charge of buying groceries that week to not get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I'll respond ASAP.